Call us on
In 1949 when Peterborough had only 2 veterinary practices the founder of Pengelly and Mizen Veterinary Surgeons Tom Tunney purchased 89 Park Road and placed his name plaque on the building to begin his veterinary work. He waited for a whole week before he ever saw his first patient due to advertising restrictions in the 1940's! As Tunney's Veterinary Practice at 89 Park Road grew so did his need for further veterinary assistants. In 1954 he a advertised a position filled by Jim Pengelly, the photo to the right was taken on the day of his interview.
In 1964 Jim's career progressed and he became Partner and the Practice was known as Tunney and Pengelly Veterinary Surgeons. The photo below shows James and Tom performing a cesarean on a ewe.
In 1977 Martin Pengelly qualified from the Royal Veterinary College and June to October he locumed for his Father and Mr Tunney. Following this Martin went to further his career in Norfolk though returned in 1981 to have a family and work with his father once again at Park Road.
Call 01733 554953
89-93 Park Road